Science and educational activity kit that teaches your young mining hunter how to find, sort and identify rocks, gems, and minerals. Search for rock, mineral, gemstone treasures, fossils and identify specimens with the color identification postcard. Color pictures are on the front with the specimen names for easy identification and facts about each specimen on the back.
- Science and educational activity kit that teaches your young mining hunter how to find, sort and identify rocks, fossils, gems, and minerals
- What you get with the Mother Lode mining rough activity kit [NOTE: Rocks, Fossils, Gems and Minerals will vary in assortment, size, type, and color.] The some of the types of rocks, gemstones and minerals you might unearth: Aventurine, quartz, peridot, ruby, raspberry quartz, topaz, rose quartz, crystal points, sapphire, obsidian, smokey, moonstone, amethyst, emerald, fluorite, sodalite, calcite, citrine, pyrite, garnet and many more. The types of fossils you might discover: Amber, trilobite, petrified wood, sea urchin spines, ammonite, horn coral, shark’s teeth, coral, brachiopod, gastropod, sahara gastropods, orthoceras, crinoids, sea urchins.
- Use the (1) one included 10” sand sifter (colors vary - red, yellow, green, blue) to mine and dig through the sand to discover: 10+ oz. of gemstone mix, 4 oz. fossil mix, 1 oz. shark teeth (15-20 teeth), 2 arrowheads, and 1 large specimen of Amethyst druzy gemstone
- Two (2) Educational Rock, Gemstone, Mineral and Fossil color educational identification postcards
- Also included is a drawstring canvas collection bag in plus two (2) plastic collection bags to separate your treasures
- STEM recommended ages 6+